Latest Synopsys FPGA-Based Prototyping Tool Releases Improve Speed and Turnaround Time
Latest Releases of Certify and Identify Software Improve Prototype Performance and Accelerate Debug
"The new Certify and Identify releases offer significant productivity gains and faster performance for ASIC prototyping engineers," said Wouter Suverkropp, product line marketing manager of Virtex-6 FPGAs at Xilinx, Inc. "When used with Synopsys' HAPS-60 series systems that can support up to 81 million ASIC gates, these releases are well suited to make the most of the powerful Virtex-6 LX760 devices that each provide 760,000 logic cell capacity, 26Mbits of internal memory, and 864 DSP blocks."
Certify Multi-FPGA ASIC Prototyping Software Delivers Higher Performance
The latest release of the Certify multi-FPGA ASIC prototyping software incorporates new and enhanced features for higher prototype performance and greater ease of use with Synopsys' HAPS systems, allowing designers to:
- Increase the data throughput of prototypes enabled by up to 30 percent faster HSTDM of I/Os
- Quickly bring-up prototypes built with multiple HAPS boards using system target Tcl scripting
- Produce very accurate static timing analysis estimates with post-route delay back annotation
- Speed ASIC design migration with support for encrypted DesignWare® Library IP
- Obtain a more complete resource analysis of multi-FPGA designs with new PCB trace impact analysis
Identify RTL Debugger Enhances Visibility and Turnaround Time
A high degree of visibility inside the FPGAs of the prototyping system significantly improves debugging efficiency. The latest release of Identify RTL debugger includes new and enhanced capabilities that improve debug throughout the design cycle and reduce turnaround time, allowing designers to:
- Understand prototype operation faster with debugger results annotated in the RTL View of the Synplify® HDL Analyst® graphical analysis tool
- Isolate defects by tracing longer periods of signal activity with up to 64 times more sample buffer capacity Update and implement design instrumentation faster with Synplify compile point technology by preserving design modules not affected by debug instrumentation
Both software tools are designed for use with Synopsys' HAPS systems, though enhancements in these latest tool releases also benefit custom and build-your-own prototypers.
"As design complexity grows, it is increasingly important for developers to prototype their designs quickly and debug them efficiently," says Ed Bard, senior director of product marketing at Synopsys. "The new Identify and Certify tool releases include significant advancements in the FPGA software tool flow that directly translate to higher productivity for our HAPS users, and also ensure that designers who build their own hardware prototypes can do so faster and with less effort."
Both of the latest tool releases for the Certify multi-FPGA ASIC prototyping software and Identify RTL Debugger are available immediately. For more information about the Certify tool, see the datasheet. For more information about the Identify tool, see the datasheet.
Über Synopsys, Inc.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS) is a world leader in electronic design automation (EDA), supplying the global electronics market with the software, intellectual property (IP) and services used in semiconductor design, verification and manufacturing. Synopsys' comprehensive, integrated portfolio of implementation, verification, IP, manufacturing and field-programmable gate array (FPGA) solutions helps address the key challenges designers and manufacturers face today, such as power and yield management, system-to-silicon verification and time-to-results. These technology-leading solutions help give Synopsys customers a competitive edge in bringing the best products to market quickly while reducing costs and schedule risk. Synopsys is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has approximately 70 offices located throughout North America, Europe, Japan, Asia and India. Visit Synopsys online at http://www.synopsys.com/.
Synopsys, DesignWare, Certify, HAPS, HDL Analyst, Identify and Synplify are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Synopsys, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned in this release are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 21.03.2013 - ARM and Synopsys collaborate to deliver optimised reference implementations for ARM processors
- 25.02.2013 - ARM and Synopsys collaborate to optimise ARM Mali GPU 20nm implementation
- 12.02.2013 - Synopsys signs multiyear collaboration agreement with ARM for early software development for ARMv8 processors