Software AG Named a Leader in Integrated SOA Governance by Independent Research Firm
- Based on Forrester Research, Inc.'s 121-criteria evaluation, Software AG is a leader in Integrated SOA Governance with the highest scores in strategy
- This new ranking underlines Software AG's strength in all three elements of integrated SOA governance: SOA service life-cycle management (SLM), runtime SOA management and SOA application gateways
- Software AG provides both technology and guidance to successfully implement integrated SOA governance, according to its customers
Software AG today announced that it has been named a Leader in the January 2012 report by Forrester Research, Inc., The Forrester Wave(TM) : Integrated SOA Governance, Q1 2012 receiving the highest score in strategy. Software AG was also recognized by Forrester as a Leader in The Forrester Wave(TM) : SOA Service Life-Cycle Management, Q1 2012 report based on the strength of its CentraSite(TM) product. Forrester stated: "strong strategy and consistently good functionality, with particular strength in its core repository."
SOA adoption has reached an all-time high as the most flexible way to create repeatable business capabilities usable across functional domains. Now, SOA is also being used as the foundation for cutting-edge initiatives such as mobile app development and cloud-service integration.
Forrester defines integrated SOA governance as the combination of three key SOA specialty products: SOA service life-cycle management (SOA SLM), runtime SOA management and SOA application gateways. Integrated SOA governance is a key part of a comprehensive and well-managed foundation for SOA-based solutions. Forrester added: "Software AG is consistently strong for all three elements of integrated SOA governance."
"As the footprint for SOA adoption grows, SOA governance is more important than ever and that's why we take great pride in being recognized for our outstanding contributions in SOA Governance technology as well as SOA Life-Cycle Management," said Dr. Wolfram Jost, Chief Technology Officer and member of the Executive Board, Software AG. "Without SOA governance, it will be difficult to realize the benefits of an SOA. Software AG has a suite of solutions that align SOA investments with business needs, accelerate service re-use, reduces project time and costs, reduces IT redundancies and improves the execution of business processes."
Jeff Bridwell, senior manager for enterprise integration services at Staples, Inc. agrees. "SOA governance is an essential part of success in our SOA implementation. In Software AG, Staples has found a trusted partner for its integration and SOA technologies. For instance, we are using CentraSite to discover, reuse and manage policies for our services."
Software AG's SOA Governance solution offers a coherent set of products designed to complement each other and seamlessly exchange information. The solution includes:
- CentraSite(TM) , the industry's most comprehensive registry and repository platform for managing IT assets such as services, processes, and data across their lifecycles.
- webMethods Mediator for service access mediation and policy enforcement. CentraSite(TM) and webMethods Mediator are tightly integrated to provide a single toolset for both design and runtime governance.
- webMethods Insight for service monitoring and management. webMethods Insight publishes undocumented services and performance metrics to CentraSite(TM) . Along with webMethods Mediator, webMethods Insight offers last-mile security to prevent applications from bypassing the mediation layer.
In addition to the technology, Software AG also provides guidance and expertise that helps companies get started easily with a practical roadmap to achieve their SOA governance objectives.
"Our organization accepted the importance of SOA governance to the success of our SOA initiatives and searched for the best technology partner and tools to realize our goals. After a long and thorough evaluation we chose Software AG," says Majola Oosthuizen, a Business Services Architect at Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV), a motoring club and mutual organization in Australia. "Software AG's support proved to be collaborative and valuable, and with their products, CentraSite and Mediator, we are improving the governance and reuse of our design assets, and have started applying run-time policy enforcement to our service based applications."
Complimentary copies of the report are available at www.softwareag.com/....
About Software AG - EN
Software AG is the global leader in Business Process Excellence. Our 40 years of innovation include the invention of the first high-performance transactional database, Adabas; the first business process analysis platform, ARIS; and the first B2B server and SOA-based integration platform, webMethods.
We offer our customers end-to-end business process management (BPM) solutions delivering low Total-Cost-of-Ownership and high ease of use. Our industry-leading brands, ARIS, webMethods, Adabas, Natural, CentraSite and IDS Scheer Consulting, represent a unique portfolio encompassing: process strategy, design, integration and control; SOA-based integration and data management; process-driven SAP implementation; and strategic process consulting and services.
Software AG had revenues of €1.1 billion in 2010 and has more than 5,400 employees serving 10,000 enterprise and public institution customers across 70 countries. Our comprehensive software and services solutions allow companies to continuously achieve their business results faster. The company is headquartered in Germany and listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (TecDAX, ISIN DE 0003304002 / SOW).
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 26.04.2016 - Smartphones and wearable devices could revolutionise medical care for people with brain disorders
- 26.04.2016 - Software AG confirms strong Increase in Revenue, Earnings and Profitability in the first quarter 2016
- 25.04.2016 - Software AG Reveals Next Gen Business Analytics & Data Visualization for its Digital Business Platform