Small and Power-Saving: Box PC for IoT Inside Industrial Automation
- Compact low-power solution for IoT and automation applications
- TI Sitara™ AM57x processor based on the single or dual core ARM® Cortex®-A15
- Built-in quad core PRU and single or dual DSP cores
- Storage and wireless functions via mSATA, microSD, PCI Express Mini Card, microSIM
- Versatile I/O: Ethernet, USB, RS232, RS485/422, CAN, binary I/O, Audio, DVI-D
- Input voltage 24 V DC nom. (8 to 60 V DC range)
- 0 to +60°C operating temperature
- Fanless and maintenance-free operation
Diversity with Low-PowerThe mini box PC is equipped with a Sitara™ AM57x processor from Texas Instruments, which is based on the ARM® Cortex®-A15 core. The box easily manages demanding processing and communication tasks despite its low power consumption of a maximum of 15 Watt at an operating temperature of up to 60°C. The BE10A offers flexible and task specific configuration options for PC-based process automation or robotics control. Also in more complex applications, like energy substations, the box PC can handle the communication between sensors and server or cloud. Deployed as a gateway device it can exchange data with the control center. In HMI applications, such as industrial control units, the BE10A is interfacing between the screen and the peripheral devices.
One slot each for mSATA, microSD, PCI Express Mini Card und microSIM offer flexible expansion options for wireless functionality or storage.
Thanks to the PRU, the Programmable-Realtime Unit, which is integrated in the TI Sitara™ processors, the BE10A supports several industrial protocols like EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, POWERLINK, PROFINET or SERCOS. They can be enabled by a simple firmware update, while traditionally additional hardware like FPGAs were needed. The firmware and update tools are available from Texas Instruments.
“It is exciting that MEN selected TI’s Sitara™ processor platform to provide their customers greater performance and more scalability,” said Adrian Valenzuela, marketing manager, Processors, TI. “The AM572x dual-core ARM® Cortex® - A15 with dual C66x DSPs is forty percent better when comparing Coremark scores against competing quad-core ARM® Cortex® – A9s. This kind of efficiency allows developers to have a dramatically simpler design experience and speed their time to market.”
With its compact and fanless housing, the BE10A fits in any existing system environment as wall-mount, DIN rail or inside 19”-systems and can – due to its flexible configuration options – manage various tasks in industrial environments.
Men Mikro Elektronik GmbH
"Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion."
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company - with approx. 300 employees worldwide - provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
- Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
- Robust built-to-order box PCs
- Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
- Pre-configured built-to-order 19" systems
- Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
- Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
- Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company's core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik's computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the transportation (rail & public transport, off-road & heavy vehicles, aerospace, marine) and industrial (automation, power & energy, medical) markets.
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
- AMD Fusion Partner Program
- ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
- BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
- CAN in Automation
- CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
- NXP Design Alliance
- Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
- Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
- PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
- PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
- USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
- VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
- Wind River Partner Eco System