Social Networking to Play a Key Role in Modern Healthcare Delivery, According to IDC Health Insights Report
Faced with cost constraints, aging populations, a higher incidence of chronic disease, staff shortages, regulatory pressures, and the need for improved quality of care and patient safety, healthcare providers are increasingly looking at integrated service delivery models to improve quality and safety through effective communication and standardized protocols.
According to the report, the "four Cs" of effective teamwork - cooperation, communication, coordination, and collaboration - will shape the way patient care delivery models are implemented.
The report highlights four key areas for healthcare providers:
- Social networking will continue to play its part in health and wellness, disease management, clinical trial recruitment, maintenance of personal health records, treatment, hospital and physician selection, and other important aspects of healthcare delivery
- Cooperation through collective, concurrent activities or efforts is needed to achieve a common goal
- Real-time access to data is crucial to drive better outcomes through improved care in today's highly mobile healthcare delivery environment
- Mobile technologies will play a key role in collaborative care throughout the entire care life cycle
"Teamwork and collaboration are often used synonymously, but they are not the same," said Jan Duffy, EMEA research director, IDC Health Insights. "Effective collaboration may be viewed as either a process which affects the results of teamwork - enhanced patient care and provider satisfaction - or an outcome in and of itself. Whether or not it is an ingredient or a byproduct of teamwork, it is certain that the seamless provision of quality patient care today and in the future depends on inter-professional collaboration."
For more information about IDC Health Insights, or to arrange a one-on-one briefing with an IDC Health Insights analyst, please contact Kanupriya at +44 20898 77111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reports are available to qualified members of the media.
Über IDC Central Europe GmbH
IDC Health Insights assists health businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers that serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the payer, provider, and life sciences industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-hi.com, email email@example.com, or call 508-935-4445. Visit the IDC Health Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/....
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 24.05.2013 - Worldwide Software Market Forecast to Continue on Modest Growth Trajectory Through 2017, According to IDC
- 21.05.2013 - IDC Examines the Impact of the 3rd Platform on Software Business Models and the Building Customer Revolution
- 21.05.2013 - Worldwide Business Process Management and Middleware Vendors Feel the Impact of Cloud Offerings on Growth, According to IDC