IDC Financial Insights Releases Top 10 Predictions for EMEA Banking in 2010
Each prediction comes from extensive collaboration among IDC Financial Insights analysts around the region. Prediction documents are created to identify top trends that will impact business and technology decisions in the upcoming year. The predictions are developed by senior analysts based on research conducted with technology buyers in the industry and focus on the transformation of major business processes and the role IT will play in the transformation. Predictions focus on 2010 but will frequently have a longrange impact.
Focus, transparency, and resolve will continue to be the guidelines for 2010, as banks tackle continued economic and financial strain. As the cost of doing business increases, banks that can harness information to deliver real intelligence will lead the pack. IDC Financial Insights' top 10 predictions for EMEA Banking in 2010 are as follows:
1. Risk spending will be a highlight in otherwise flat IT spending priorities.
2. Banks in 2010 will no longer be able to afford tactical regulatory compliance as compliance IT budgets grow to 25%.
3. Banks will be challenged to take out 10% of IT costs to survive.
4. Independent risk control will become integrated risk control as risk management moves closer to the point of origination.
5. Data management strategy will be revised to deliver control back to the business and the end user as silo infrastructure is leveraged.
6. Two more big banks will fail in Europe, while many small institutions will be forced to merge.
7. New government and regulatory requirements will open the market to more nimble competitors.
8. Will the banking industry finally tackle the single customer view?
9. Better business intelligence will allow banks to battle for SMEs in 2010.
10. In 2010 mobile banking will gain critical momentum, contactless payments will not achieve critical mass, and mobile payments will continue to fail.
This IDC Financial Insights study, EMEA Banking 2010 Top 10 Predictions: The Year of Intelligence, (Doc #FIBA01S / Jan 2010), by Matthew Clay, Peter Farley, Rachel Hunt, Trevor LaFleche, examines top 10 predictions for European financial services. The study was also presented as part of a Web conference on January 28, 2010. Recordings from the webcast can be found at: http://www.idc-fi.com/...
This report is available for purchase at www.idc-fi.com
Über IDC Central Europe GmbH
IDC Financial Insights provides independent research, custom consulting, and detailed multiclient studies on the technology issues and challenges facing the financial services industry. Its global research covers topics of strategic importance to corporate and retail banks, insurance carriers, and asset management, securities, and brokerage firms. In addition to the United States, local practices in Asia/Pacific, Canada, Europe, and Latin America add indepth regional viewpoints. IDC Financial Insights is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, USA. IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-fi.com, email email@example.com.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 21.05.2013 - Worldwide Business Process Management and Middleware Vendors Feel the Impact of Cloud Offerings on Growth, According to IDC
- 15.05.2013 - IDC Energy Insights IDC MarketScape Evaluates IT Service Providers in EMEA Utilities Market
- 15.05.2013 - IDC Lowers Expectations for IT Spending as Sequester and Global Economic Uncertainty Take a Bite Out of Business Confidence