New IBM Deep Computing Services offer Access to IBM Researchers and Expertise to Help Clients to Better Address Supercomputing Needs
New Services help Rocky Mountain Supercomputing Centers Jumpstart Supercomputing on Demand Offerings
Vast experience and leadership in high performance computing uniquely positions IBM to help clients with supercomputing efforts. Some of this experience and leadership includes a decade of leadership in the TOP500 List of Supercomputers, 16 consecutive years as the US Patent Leader, the first vendor to break the petaflop barrier and the first vendor to announce a 20 petaflop supercomputer.
The Rocky Mountain Supercomputing Centers (RMSC), located in Montanta selected new IBM Deep Computing Services to help develop and design supercomputing on demand offering. The RMSC was built to spur economic development in the region and assist researchers from across the state on research projects.
"The Rocky Mountain Supercomputing Centers, Inc. , a private, non-profit Montana corporation, contracted with IBM's Deep Computing Services to provide superior High Performance Computing (HPC) strategy and business development consulting that allowed us to jumpstart “on demand computing” in Montana," said Dr. Alex Philp, CEO of RMSC. "Having a world leader in HPC like IBM, along with its extensive knowledge of customers, industries and processes, allowed RMSC and its partners to save significant time and resources getting RMSC to a successful start. We continue to use these services to help drive transactions and innovations at RMSC."
"The Rocky Mountain Supercomputing Centers, Inc. operates a new economic development tool for Montana. The State, working through RMSC, is proud to partner with IBM Deep Computing Services allowing us to quickly ramp-up Montana's HPC efforts not only throughout the State but regionally and internationally,” said Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer. "RMSC has enormous capability, coupled with IBM, that will allow Montana to build upon our intellectual capital and become a world-class player in the high-technology arena. Having access to the Deep Computing Services portfolio allows the State, through RMSC, to customize a full range of “on demand” HPC services supporting our technology-based enterprises. Learning with the industry leader allows Montana's supercomputing resources to be top-notch, and, when combined with the unprecedented quality of life that only Montana can offer, allows perspective business and research to discover the world of possibilities under the Big Sky."
The IBM Deep Computing Services offering is a market driven response to customers seeking highly specialized skills and expertise from the IBM Research and Development teams. This Offering Portfolio covers a full range of customizable services to help clients design, develop, integrate, optimize, validate and deploy comprehensive solutions to address their High Performance Computing challenges. These services can include:
- HPC Strategy – crafting an integrated research, business and technology strategy to align the operational elements of the datacenter with the goals and mission of the organization. Includes architecture design, portfolio planning & management.
- Computational Science and Engineering R&D –computational science expertise in support of scientific domain expertise to develop new solutions to customer scientific and engineering problems.
- HPC Application support – algorithmic and application development, customer application porting to new technology, tuning and optimization across a wide variety of market segments and HW platforms.
- Deep Computing Integrated Solutions – the definition, design, and integration of hardware, software and services to address a unique customer challenge in innovative ways, often employing a First-of-a-Kind (FOAK) solution.
- HPC Tools – can include the porting and optimization of codes through the use of tools (ie. HPC Toolkit) as well as new tool development or modifications based on customer requirements
- Deep Computing Visualization support – can span the design and integration of a visualization system as well as development of unique components and related services to support insight on scientific and engineering problems through visualization solutions
- HPC Software – to address unique customer requirements not satisfied from available software LPs.
- Platform Optimization – can provide a variety of platform specific support for the Deep Computing product portfolio taking better advantage of computational science and engineering tools.
- On Demand Deep Computing services – combines the ability to provide Deep Computing services with the Deep Computing Capacity on Demand offering so deliverables can be tested and demonstrated via the wide variety of on demand systems available
- Data Management/Storage Optimization Support – can provide architecture, configuration, and implementation for high performance/high density Deep Computing storage through integration of servers, middleware and disks for optimal performance
For additional information please visit www.ibm.com/...