New Virtualization Benchmark Underlines Continuous Performance Improvement with Fujitsu PRIMERGY Rack Servers
Businesses gain competitive advantage by choosing the system- and price-performance of PRIMERGY
Such strong benchmark results provide independent validation that Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX series rack servers deliver industry-leading performance in the business-critical areas of databases, virtualization and enterprise resource planning. Customers looking for investment protection and faster payback can rely on best-in-class performance results that validate the advantages of choosing Fujitsu servers.
A series of independent benchmark results ensure that Fujitsu's PRIMERGY RX range stands out in a commodity market:
- The PRIMERGY RX200 S6 is designed to deliver gains in performance, expandability and productivity, and features a significantly improved performance/power ratio over the previous generation. This system now holds an early lead in the VMmark V2.0 virtualization benchmark, in the category for 24-core servers.*
- Crowning its position as best-performing 2 socket rack server, the PRIMERGY RX300 S6 holds the TPC-E benchmark world record for best price/performance in online transactional database processing (OLTP). Fujitsu also takes second and third places in the Top Ten ranking for best price/performance in the TPC-E benchmark with the 4-socket PRIMERGY RX600 S5 and the 8-socket PRIMERGY RX900 S1. Moreover, the PRIMERGY RX900 S1 holds the number 1 position in the TPC-E Top Ten Performance results list of the Transaction Processing Performance Council. **
- The PRIMERGY RX900 S1 achieved an excellent performance result on the two-tier SAP® Sales and Distribution (SD) standard application benchmark, running SAP enhancement package 4 for the SAP ERP 6.0 application and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as the database management system (DBMS) platform. This further highlights the system's excellent performance as a DBMS platform. ***
Says Jens-Peter Seick, Senior Vice President Datacenter Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions: «Leading scores for PRIMERGY RX rack servers underline our focus on continual performance improvement. Our goal is to push the boundaries of performance innovation, as demonstrated by the results that confirm our focus on designing rack servers to meet the most-pressing business needs: reliability, performance, manageability and energy efficiency, supported by comprehensive Fujitsu services.»
Fujitsu is a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 170,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$50 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. For more information, please see: www.fujitsu.com
Über Fujitsu Technology Solutions GmbH
Fujitsu Technology Solutions is the leading European IT infrastructure provider with a presence in all key markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, plus India, serving large-, medium- and small-sized companies as well as consumers. With its Dynamic Infrastructures approach, the company offers a full portfolio of IT products, solutions and services, ranging from clients to datacenter solutions, Managed Infrastructure and Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Fujitsu Technology Solutions employs more than 13,000 people and is part of the global Fujitsu Group. For more information, please see: ts.fujitsu.com/aboutus or http://ch.ts.fujitsu.com/....
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 05.03.2013 - Digitale Langzeitarchivierung von Geodaten - Fujitsu und M.O.S.S. bauen strategische Kooperation aus
- 05.03.2013 - Der neue Fujitsu STYLISTIC Tablet PC - ein verlässlicher Arbeitspartner bei jedem Wetter
- 05.03.2013 - Fujitsu stellt mit Premium-Notebooks der LIFEBOOK E Line die optimale Lösung für Enterprise Mobility vor