- Pressemitteilung BoxID 295617
Ex Libris Announces New International e-Product Solution Sales
The continually growing SFX, MetaLib and Verde customer base now exceeds 1800 sites worldwide
- Illinois Institute of Technology (United States)
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University (United States)
- Swinburne University of Technology (Australia)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong)
- Unitec New Zealand (New Zealand)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore)
- Chosun University (South Korea)
- Hanyang University (South Korea)
- Pusan National University (South Korea)
- Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (Vietnam)
- Collège de France (France)
- Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon (France)
- Université de Bretagne Occidentale (France)
- University of Mannheim(Germany)
- University College Dublin (Ireland)
- University of Salerno (Italy)
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (Slovakia)
- University of East London (United Kingdom)
- Liverpool Hope University (United Kingdom)
- University of Sunderland (United Kingdom)
- Research Libraries Consortium (South Africa)
For Chosun University - which also selected the Primo® discovery and delivery solution and the Aleph® integrated library system-the international reputation of Ex Libris and the interoperability of its products played a significant role in the decision to acquire the Ex Libris suite. "Having investigated our options for an e-resource solution, we found that SFX® provides the most effective management of local Korean resources as well as offering the richest combination of functionalities, including an advanced collection tool and citation linker," commented Dr. Sun Ah Kim, director of the university's central library. "Extensive customization options and the ability to integrate with our existing systems also figured heavily in our decision. We are pleased to be working with a vendor that can guarantee strong local support and offer opportunities for close interaction with a local user community."
Dr. Christopher Stewart, dean of libraries at the Illinois Institute of Technology, explained that many features of the MetaLib® and SFX solutions led to the library's decision to choose these products. "The size and breadth of science and technology electronic resources in the KnowledgeBase was an important factor for IIT, as was providing our users with a single point for accessing information across disciplines. Hosting and management of the software by Ex Libris has enabled us to focus our energy on educating the university community in using this new tool."
Nancy Dushkin, vice president of marketing at Ex Libris, commented: "We are delighted to welcome so many distinguished institutions to the rapidly growing e-Product customer community. This expansion is evidence of our commitment to meeting the needs of users in all of the regions in which we operate."
About Chosun University
Chosun University, in Gwangju, South Korea, educates its 25,000 students for creativity, professionalism, and leadership, and prepares them to make a contribution to their nation and the world. The university offers numerous programs through its 14 colleges and its graduate school.
For additional information on Chosun University, see http://eng.chosun.ac.kr/.
About Illinois Institute of Technology
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) is an international Ph.D.-granting research university, with world-renowned programs in engineering, architecture, the sciences, humanities, psychology, business, law, and design. Established in 1940 and tracing its roots back to the 1890s with the founding of Armour Institute of Technology and Lewis Institute of Humanities, IIT brings a focused, interdisciplinary approach to education, including the Interprofessional Projects Program. IIT draws upon the business, educational, and cultural resources of a world-class city, along with the experiences of successful alumni based around the world.
For additional information on Illinois Institute of Technology, see http://www.iit.edu/.
Über Ex Libris (Deutschland) GmbH
Ex Libris is a leading provider of automation solutions for academic, national, and research libraries. Offering the only comprehensive product suite for electronic, digital, and print materials, Ex Libris provides efficient, user-friendly products that serve the needs of libraries today and will facilitate their transition into the future. Ex Libris maintains an impressive customer base consisting of thousands of sites in more than 70 countries on six continents.
Dedicated to developing creative solutions in close collaboration with customers, Ex Libris enables libraries to maximize productivity and efficiency and, at the same time, greatly enhance the user experience. By empowering users to discover and obtain the information they need, libraries ensure their position as the bridge to knowledge.
For additional information on Ex Libris Group, see our Web site, visit our Initiatives and Commentary blogs, and follow our Twitter page.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 21.12.2009 - The National Academic Library Information System in Bulgaria Selects a Suite of Ex Libris Solutions
- 15.12.2009 - Ex Libris Announces Library Partners for Primo Central
- 01.12.2009 - Purdue University Libraries Joins the Ex Libris Next-Generation Library Framework as the Fourth Development Partner