Eurocopter to supply three more EC135 helicopters to the French Gendarmerie police force
This new acquisition agreement - organized through the French DGA armament procurement agency - will provide an incremental expansion of the Gendarmerie's multi-role, twin-engine EC135 fleet, which is used for police and medical evacuation missions.
As Daniel Leimbacher, Chief of French "Groupement Central des Forces Aériennes de la Gendarmerie" said, « the capability to transmit images of the ground observed from the EC 135 is of paramount interest, as recently shown during the G8 summit, during which 4 EC 135 have logged more than 100 flying hours to protect the area".
"Eurocopter is dedicated to ensuring the French Gendarmerie - and other police forces around the world - obtain the highest reliability, optimum operational performance and best service with our helicopters," said Dominique Maudet, Eurocopter Executive Vice President Global Business & Services.
The EC135s ordered to date for the Gendarmerie are to strengthen its rotary-wing inventory, and eventually will replace the police force's single-engine Ecureuil helicopters, which have been operated since 1980.
Eurocopter's EC135 is a lightweight, twin-engine multi-mission helicopter that has become the rotary-wing aircraft of choice for emergency medical service and police missions. Designed with a high-set Fenestron tail rotor, the EC145 meets the most demanding European regulation for air ambulance operations in terms of safety.
- Follow Eurocopter's presence at the 2011 Paris Air Show with regular updates on the company's special events website: http://events.eurocopter.com.
- For exclusive content and latest news, download Eurocopter's iPad & iPhone apps on: www.eurocopter.com/apps.
Über Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defense and related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 17,500 people. In 2010, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world's number one helicopter manufacturer in the civil and parapublic market with a turnover of 4.8 billion Euros, orders for 346 new helicopters and a 49 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group's helicopters account for 33 percent of the total worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter's strong worldwide presence is ensured by its 30 subsidiaries and participations on five continents, along with a dense network of distributors, certified agents and maintenance centers. There are currently 11,200 Eurocopter helicopters in service and some 2,900 customers in 147 countries. Eurocopter offers the largest civil and military helicopter range in the world.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen dieses Herausgebers
- 22.05.2013 - Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350 B3e helicopters in an expansion of its relationship with China's State Grid General Aviation Company
- 21.05.2013 - Eurocopter alcanza nuevas cotas de elegancia y lujo con las versiones VIP y Executive del EC175
- 21.05.2013 - Eurocopter atteint de nouveaux sommets en matière de luxe et d'élégance avec les versions VIP et Executive de son hélicoptère EC175