DisplayLink Superspeed USB 3.0 LCD Controller Chip
LCD TFT Controller Chip DL-3000 series OEM availability for Europe by Display Solution AG
Future innovations of virtual graphics technology enables the development of a new generation of USB monitors, universal docking stations e.g. Solving problems for industrial customers thanks to high level features like USB 2.0, 3.0, HDMI, DVI, VGA, DAC, and Gigabit Ethernet. Providing high performance, high resolution, compact and affordable PC peripherals also supporting up to two full HD displays.
DisplayLink DL-3000 and its improved DL 3 adaptive compression technology leverages the 5Gbps transfer speeds of USB 3.0, allowing for up to 10 times faster virtual graphics performance.
"DisplayLink DL-3000 series has all the great usability features of the DL-1x5, and then some," said John Cummins, senior vice president of sales and marketing. "By Leveraging the bandwidth of SuperSpeed USB, the DL-3000 supports smooth, high resolution graphics, video and gaming on dual HD displays."
Features of the new DisplayLink chip platform for USB 3.0 include:
• Single IC support for up to two full HD displays
• High performance HD video and beyond HD graphics
• HDCP 2.0 for protected content playback
• Integrated multi-channel audio, up to six digital audio channel for 5.1 surround sound, and two analog audio channels.
• Networking for docking stations
• Support for leading display standards – DisplayPort, VGA DAC, DVI, HDMI
• Backwards compatibility with DisplayLink USB 2.0 graphics devices
• USB bus power capabilities for both USB 2.0 and 3.0
• Proven Windows driver support (XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Server 2003/2008)
Enabling a wide range of applications, this new platform creates an interactive connection between device and display including:
• Dual-headed docks and graphics adapters
• Universal USB docking stations with graphics, networking, and audio
• USB to HDMI adapters for PC to TV connectivity
• USB to DVI, VGA or DisplayPort adapters for multi-display notebooks
• USB 3.0 monitor docks
• Wired and wireless USB 3.0 monitors
• USB bus powered mobile monitors
• Daisy chain up to six displays
“Since last year we see new embedded PC boards supporting USB 3.0. The DL-3000 series enables our customers to develop multiple monitor designs with high resolution using the USB 3.0 band width.” said Norbert Feuchtgruber, CEO at Display Solution AG. “Especially the Digital Signage market will participate from the performance improvement, always looking for low cost solutions running Full HD videos on several screens from one PC.”
The DL-3000 chips feature de-facto standard DisplayLink usability software that ensures a seamless multi-display experience.
Über Display Solution AG
Display Solution, based in Gilching, Bavaria, Germany, is a leading developer and marketer of customized LCD solutions for existing and future markets, combining leading-edge screen and electronic technologies. Products range from single components to complete system solutions built around TFT displays for commercial and industrial use with applications in such areas as digital signage, point-of-sale, point-of-information, automation, measurement engineering, medical instruments, and other mobile and embedded applications.
DisplayLink Corp. is a hardware and software company that offers a unique technology to enable easy virtual graphics connectivity between computers and displays over standard interfaces such as USB, wireless USB and Ethernet. DisplayLink technology is used in dozens of globally branded PC accessories including monitors, universal docking stations, display adapters, projectors, and zero client systems that make expansion of the desktop visual workspace possible, at significantly lower cost and energy usage than traditional solutions.
DisplayLink is ranked the fourth fastest-growing EMEA Company by Deloitte, and was awarded the CES 2011 Best of Innovation Award Honoree in the Enabling Technologies category for its forthcoming Interactive Networked Graphics for SuperSpeed USB. For more information and product details, visit DisplayLink Shop and follow DisplayLink on Facebook and Twitter.www.displaylink.com