PC Manufacturers Triple the Number of Platforms that Feature VISION Technology from AMD
AMD Refreshes Notebook Platforms and Introduces VISION Technology for Desktop PCs / Thirty Percent More Ultrathin Notebooks and 109 New Mainstream Notebooks Based on VISION Technology Scheduled to Arrive in Time for Back-to-School Buyers
"With VISION Technology from AMD, we are finally connecting how people use their PCs with the way people purchase them," said Nigel Dessau, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of AMD. "Today, after little more than 200 days in market, our partners are introducing more VISIONbased PCs than ever before; a testament to both the competitiveness of AMD platform technology and the simplified marketing approach."
Introduced in October 2009, VISION Technology from AMD simplifies the PC buying process at the point of sale by focusing on how consumers use PCs, rather than relying upon the confusing "speeds and feeds" technical specifications that many people find difficult to understand. VISION also denotes the powerful visual
experience AMD systems enable; an important feature as more consumers use their computers as entertainment hubs for sharing photos, music and videos with friends and family, watching TV and HD videos, and playing games.
AMD 2010 Mainstream and Ultrathin Notebook Platforms
In 2009, 96 million people worldwide bought PCs for entertainment purposes. The AMD 2010 Mainstream Notebook Platform lets consumers enjoy their movies, music and games in stunning color and clarity, seamlessly connect with friends on social networks, and edit videos and photos. The 2010 Ultrathin Notebook Platform makes it possible for consumers to enjoy a fullfeatured PC experience, including HD playback, in sleek and affordable notebooks that can deliver up to eight hours of battery life. Examples of the benefits the platforms provide to consumers include the following:
- In testing with HQV 2.0, a VISIONbased system with AMD integrated graphics achieved a video experience score almost 2x that of a comparable Intelbased system. Additionally, a VISIONbased system with AMD discrete graphics scored 50% better than a comparable Intelbased system with Nvidia discrete graphics.
- Enjoy photos with greater color, clarity and definition by cleaning up photos up to 20 percent faster with Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 than competing mainstream notebooks.
- Transfer entertainment fast and convert DVDs to play on game consoles in up to 37 percent less time than a comparable competitive mainstream notebook.
- Experience up to 80 percent smoother gaming performance in Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare(TM) , compared to a comparable competitive mainstream system.
AMD 2010 Desktop Platform
AMD's new mainstream and enthusiast desktop platforms are designed to deliver superior performance while alleviating unnecessary spending associated with competing platforms. The new platforms are enhanced with the latest graphics technology for stunning HD digital media and immersive 3D entertainment, and multicore performance for seamless multitasking, including the new sixcore AMD Phenom(TM) II X6 processor. Examples of the benefits the platforms provide to consumers include the following:
- Share movies with friends 30 percent faster than with comparable competing PCs.
- Organize digital libraries 40 percent faster, using facial recognition to categorize photos, than competing desktop PCs.
- Build a complete AMDbased system featuring the AMD Phenom(TM) II X6 processor with all the necessary components and monitor for less than the price of our competition's only sixcore desktop processor.
Systems featuring these notebook and desktop platforms with VISION Technology from AMD will be available beginning today and through the end of the year from original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and System Integrators including Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI and Toshiba.
- View the live VISION 2010 Webcast today, May 12th at 12:00p.m., E.T.
- AMD at the Cannes International Film Festival
- VISION Technology from AMD
- AMD 2010 Mainstream Notebook Platform for Home and Work
- AMD 2010 Ultrathin Notebook Platform for Home and Work
- AMD 2010 Desktop Platforms
- AMD Phenom(TM) II X6 processors
- See how VISION Technology from AMD can make a real difference in your life; these videos are just a few examples of the incredible experience made possible by VISION Technology
- AMD at Home blog
- AMD Worldwide Channel Blog
- AMD Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter at @AMD_Unprocessed, @AMDDesktop, and @AMDNotebook,
About AMD GmbH
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit AMD.