Texas Instruments' new fully integrated 10-A synchronous buck converter with integrated FETs enables industry-leading power density
Key features and benefits
- Input voltage of 3 V to 14 V and an output voltage range of 0.75 V to 5.5 V allows for flexible design in 3.3-V, 5-V and 12-V power systems and can power various components, such as DSPs, FPGAs, ASICs, I/O and DDR memory cores
- Integrated power MOSFETs enable high efficiency of more than 91 percent at full 10-A output current
- Adaptive on-time D-CAP Mode control scheme allows less than 100 nsec response time in load step transient with fewer components
- Selectable auto-skip/Eco-mode light load control schemes achieve high efficiency at light loads
- Complements TI's full power management portfolio for chipset cores and DDR memory, including PWM controllers, DDR termination linear regulators, DC/DC converters and controllers and power interface devices. See: www.ti.com/power-pr
Availability and pricing
The TPS51315 is available now in a 40-pin 5mm x 7mm QFN package and is priced at $3.80 in quantities of 1,000.
About Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
D-CAP Mode and Eco-mode are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.