Oracle Helps Drive Down the Cost of Managing Applications with New Release of Oracle® Enterprise Manager
Integrated Top-Down Management Now Extends Across the Entire Oracle Software Stack / From Applications to Middleware, Database, Linux and Virtualization
- News Facts
- Delivering on its commitment to help customers realize greater value from their application and infrastructure software investments and drive down IT costs, Oracle today announced availability of Oracle® Enterprise Manager 10g Release 5 (10gR5).
- Oracle Enterprise Manager provides a comprehensive set of solutions to simplify the management of the full Oracle software stack. In addition to management enhancements across the stack, this release adds support for virtual environments.
- Oracle's unique top-down approach to application management enables customers to reduce IT complexity and to increase efficiencies resulting in better performance and lower management costs for their enterprise applications.
Highlights of Oracle Enterprise Manager 10gR5:
Enhanced Applications Management with Support for the Latest Siebel CRM Release and More
- The new application management enhancements in Oracle Enterprise Manager 10gR5 further support Oracle's Applications Unlimited strategy and help to provide a superior ownership experience to customers.
- New certification with Siebel CRM 8.1.1 provides unique monitoring and diagnostics capabilities for Siebel business workflows, enabling higher availability and better throughput for business processes.
- New Management Pack for Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management helps significantly reduce administration costs.
- Additionally, the recently introduced Oracle Real User Experience Insight Accelerators for Oracle's Siebel CRM and Oracle E-Business Suite, simplify the process of deploying real user monitoring for these applications.
Increased Efficiency in Database Management through Automation and Essential Tools
- With this release, Oracle Enterprise Manager rounds out Oracle Database 11g management capabilities with tools that can enhance database administrator (DBA) productivity and reduce costs through increased automation, higher availability and improved compliance. Key new capabilities include:
Real-time SQL monitoring and support for new Oracle Database 11g advisors;
Deployment automation for highly available grid computing infrastructure;
Enhanced support for Oracle Database Vault; and
Automated database testing workflow that integrates database software provisioning, data masking, database workload capture and workload replay tasks.
Expanded Management for Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle VM
- Featuring tighter integration with Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Beehive, Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Coherence, Oracle Enterprise Manager 10gR5 delivers the most comprehensive and complete management solution for applications built on Oracle Fusion Middleware. See related release dated today.
- Further extending its top-down reach to virtualized environments, Oracle Enterprise Manager's new Oracle VM Management Pack provides customers a complete management solution for Oracle VM. See related release dated today.
- "Customers are battling economic conditions that require a rigorous focus on delivering business operations and IT efficiencies at a lower cost," said Richard Sarwal, Oracle senior vice president Product Development. "Oracle Enterprise Manager supports both endeavors through automated management of business workflows, processes and services, as well as supporting the full Oracle software stack through its unique top-down application management approach."
- Join Richard Sarwal, Oracle senior vice president, for a Webcast - Tuesday, March 3rd, 9am Pacific
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Applications Management
- Middleware Management
- Database Management
- Linux Management
- Oracle VM Management
- Heterogeneous Support
- Forrester SWOT Analysis on Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Blog: Application Management
Oracle Deutschland GmbH
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.