Oracle Announces Immediate Availability of the Latest Release of MySQL Enterprise
New Release Includes MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.2 with Advanced Query Performance Monitoring, Helps Enable Cost Savings and IT Efficiencies
- Continuing its investment in MySQL, Oracle today announced the immediate availability of the latest release of MySQL Enterprise, a comprehensive offering of production support, monitoring tools, and MySQL database software.
- A key component of this release is MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.2.
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.2 delivers enhanced query performance monitoring, improved security, and timesaving integration with MySQL Support.
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor helps organizations more efficiently manage MySQL servers and helps reduce downtime by identifying problems before they become costly outages.
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.2 provides enhancements for collecting, searching and viewing query performance data, allowing developers to filter and analyze patterns that may hinder key system resources. New features include:
- Query Analyzer Execution Notices -- pinpoint problem queries allowing DBAs and developers to quickly find and fix performance problems;
- MySQL Enterprise Connector Plugins -- plugins to an application's existing Connector can allow users to gather and send SQL and related performance data to the query analyzer. In addition, users can track SQL errors and warnings; end user response times; query execution times and counts; and with a single click go directly to the offending query in the source code.
Simplified Administration, Improved Security and Integration Help Lower Costs
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor 2.2 helps lower costs and improve efficiencies through GUIbased tools that continuously monitor the MySQL database and help developers implement MySQL best practices. Enhancements include:
- User and Security Model -- integrates with existing LDAP authentication and commonly accepted security models.
- Integration with MySQL Support -- eliminates the time DBAs spend scrutinizing the most common diagnostics needed to resolve issues.
- Advisor Rules and Graphs -- give developers increased visibility and management for all of their MySQL servers and enables them to implement bestpractices related to administration, upgrades, schema performance, and security.
- Usability Enhancements -- allow DBAs to spend more time monitoring and tuning applications and databases and less time managing and administering the tools themselves.
- "DBAs and developers need solutions that help them manage their MySQL servers efficiently and allow them to identify performance issues before they become expensive, timeconsuming problems," said Tomas Ulin, director, MySQL Development, Oracle. "MySQL Enterprise Spring 2010 Release offers powerful tools for query performance monitoring, improved security and an enhanced administration experience - all of which help alleviate many common pain points DBAs and developers face when building, maintaining and scaling Web applications."
- "MySQL Enterprise Monitor allows us to quickly identify our most expensive queries and optimize our platform's database usage," said Jeff Freund, CEO and Cofounder, Clickability. "We are excited about this release of MySQL Enterprise because we believe it can to help us further improve the performance of our Content Management platform and enable it to scale even more efficiently."
- MySQL Enterprise
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor Query Analyzer
- MySQL Enterprise Datasheet
About Oracle Deutschland GmbH
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.