Imperva Completes Strong Second Quarter, Grows Nearly 30%
Completes strongest Q2 ever, expands Federal sales team
"The growth in our business signals that organizations recognize the need to implement a comprehensive approach that secures both data and applications," said Imperva CEO Shlomo Kramer. "We are glad to see our vision validated in difficult economic times." Independent research firm, Forrester Research, Inc., in the report, "TechRadar(TM) For SRM Professionals: Application Security, Q3 2009", noted, "Imperva provides a unique value proposition with a combination of web application firewalls and database monitoring technologies."
Imperva also expanded its executive team with the addition of Phil Fuster, area vice president of sales for the Federal market. Mr. Fuster brings over 20 years of experience in corporate development in the Federal and commercial information technology markets to Imperva. Mr. Fuster assumes responsibility for managing and expanding the Imperva presence in public sector markets in the United States.
"Phil Fuster has demonstrated the ability to successfully build and manage highly productive teams for technology vendors to the public sector markets," said Kramer. "Phil's industry experience, management skills and public sector contacts will enable us to accelerate the growth of our customer base in this important sector for Imperva."
Prior to joining the Imperva, Mr. Fuster served in various sales and management roles with technology organizations engaging the public sector markets, where he was responsible for agency-level and reseller sales, government affairs, direct marketing, and channel development.
Other highlights of the quarter include:
- Imperva's customer base expanded beyond 800 customers, including 19 of the F100 across 40 different countries.
- Growth in the Americas reached nearly 40% from Q2'08 to Q2'09.
- A significant increase in sales to state and local governments.
- Closed several major deals in new territories including a leading bank in Colombia and a major Canadian law enforcement agency.
- Won a major deal with the world's leading cross-border, consumer-to-consumer remittance provider.
- Won a major expansion project with the world's largest consumer technology provider.
Imperva and SecureSphere are registered trademarks of Imperva, Inc. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.