IceWarp Announces Zero Downtime Migration from Microsoft Exchange to IceWarp Messaging Server
"Customers that come to us from Microsoft Exchange are seeking three things: robust messaging, reliability and ease of management," says Ladislav Goc, IceWarp President. "Plus, they want predictable pricing and a hassle-free path to any new environment."
Benefits of the IceWarp migration process include:
- Zero Downtime - Using the IceWarp Exchange Migrator companies can migrate from their Exchange environment without incurring any downtime. During the migration process the Exchange Server is LIVE and online so users can still perform all normal activities. This allows for a seamless cut-over.
- No Duplication. Companies can migrate multiple times to first ensure all users and data are properly migrated before cutting over to the new system. The migrator keeps an internal cache of the information already migrated, so administrators can run the migration multiple times to grab any new items since the last migration without fear of duplicating the already migrated data.
- All Data Synchronized. The migrator will allow companies to easily move their users, Groups, Mailboxes, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Tasks, and Journals from their existing Exchange server to IceWarp.
- User Clean-Up. Other migration tools require all users to be migrated, even though an organization may no longer need to retain their records. The IceWarp Exchange Migrator allows companies to choose the users they wish to migrate offering an administrator the option to leave unused accounts out.
- Network Migrations. Using the migrator organizations can migrate from their current Exchange server on the network to any other machine on the internal or external network running IceWarp.
- Cross Platform Migrations. IceWarp is a multi-platform product and therefore companies can move from Exchange to IceWarp on both Linux and Windows.
IceWarp's hassle-free approach has been validated by thousands of customers worldwide who selected its offerings over other Microsoft Exchange and other messaging solutions.
"I would recommend IceWarp to migrate from a legacy product such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, Kerio, among others because it is secure and easily installed," says Scott Griffin, Senior Systems Administrator with The Prairie Grove Telephone Company (PGTELCO). "It's an easily-managed bundled package with all its components in one location on the server and not all over the place. Plus, you can run it on a Linux machine. I have recommended it several times!"
James Steubing, a co-owner of Jon Wayne Heating & Air, shares this view.
"I needed an e-mail service, and for me Exchange is an enormous system which was too clunky and hard to use - I worked with Exchange for years," explains Mr. Steubing. "I wanted something easier to deploy on a hosted server or collocation facility. IceWarp was very easy to deploy. We just got the connectivity and started adding domain users. The deployment took an hour."
Stability and cost-effectiveness were also the reasons Power Home Remodeling Group selected IceWarp.
"We were running MS Exchange, and it was crashing ten times a day," says Jeffrey B. Levine Director of Information Technology at Power. "We wanted a stable operating system and that meant getting away from the Windows environment altogether. Microsoft Exchange per-client cost is very high compared to IceWarp. We saved tens of thousands of dollars. According to my estimates, the solution paid for itself in 90 days."
Leading research firms confirm the market's need for reliable and versatile messaging platforms.
"Email is simply expected to always be there and always work," states Hyoun Park, Research Analyst, Aberdeen Group. "Over time, email has evolved from a desktop-only messaging application into unified messaging and unified communications solutions that aggregate key contacts and corporate information while potentially being both mobile and cloud-based. Companies seeking new email solutions should not simply treat this as a commoditized purchase, but need to consider how email and related applications fit into the organization's long-term technology and support plans."
Already recognized as a leading email solutions provider and a viable Microsoft Exchange alternative, IceWarp (formerly Merak Mail Server) is deployed in more than 20,000 organizations and supports over 50 million users worldwide. The company disrupts the messaging category by delivering all email, mobile synchronization, SMS, chat, voice and video capabilities in one integrated, extremely secure and easy-to-deploy solution. Its customers include such market leaders as Marriott International, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Russian Space Agency, as well as small to midsized firms.
For more information, please visit IceWarp (www.icewarp.com) on Twitter and Facebook.
IceWarp is an emerging provider of comprehensive messaging solutions for every business class, size and niche. Building upon a decade of enterprise e-mail platforms experience, IceWarp offers organizations an all-in-one highly secure solution that enables their mobile workforce to communicate through any platform, be it e-mail, mobile synchronization, chat, SMS, voice or video. The highly scalable product can easily be used by organizations of all sizes, from SMBs to large corporations, delivering ease of deployment, exceptional reliability and scalability. IceWarp's solutions are available in over 40 countries through a comprehensive network of distributors.