- Pressemitteilung BoxID 499616
Trifocal intraocular lens for enhanced intermediate vision
Carl Zeiss introduces the first trifocal preloaded true-MICS IOL
"We would like to assist our customers in optimally addressing the challenges of surgical cataract and presbyopia correction," says Dr. Ludwin Monz, President and CEO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG. "With the AT LISA tri trifocal IOL this means that patients are provided with the most natural post-operative vision possible without being reliant on eyeglasses."
Functional vision in all light conditions and lower visual disturbance
Based on the established AT LISA platform, the AT LISA tri is designed to produce more satisfying and predictable visual outcomes to active patients and maximized pupil independency. The IOL features a unique asymmetrical light distribution between the three different foci - 50 percent far, 20 percent intermediate, 30 percent near. Additionally the light energy transmittance is increased for a maintained contrast sensitivity rate and lower visual disturbance. "My patients report significantly less halos and glare with the AT LISA tri, even when directly questioned about these phenomena", reports Dr. Elisabeth Frieling-Reuss, ophthalmologist in Munich, Germany, about her experiences.
AT LISA tri can provide enhanced intermediate vision performance with its addition of +1.66 diopters compared to apodized bifocal or convoluted trifocal IOLs, even under poor light conditions.
Simple and safe implantation
AT LISA tri is suitable for microincision cataract surgery (MICS) to avoid intraoperative induced astigmatism and reduces higher order aberrations. The preloaded AT LISA tri 839MP combined with the innovative BLUEMIXS 180 injector allows easy and safe implantation through an incision of 1.8 millimeters.
To maintain lasting visual quality and prevent posterior capsular opacification (PCO), AT LISA tri features an anti-PCO posterior profile. This reinforces the effect of the square edges for double prevention of PCO formation.
With the addition of AT LISA tri to the ZEISS MICS Platform, Carl Zeiss Meditec continues to provide an even more complete and innovative range of products for micro incision cataract surgery.
AT LISA tri 839MP is not available in the USA.
Further information is available at www.meditec.zeiss.com/lisa-tri.
Über Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (ISIN: DE0005313704), which is listed on TecDax of the German stock exchange, is one of the world's leading medical technology companies. The company supplies innovative technologies and application-oriented solutions designed to help doctors improve the quality of life of their patients. It provides complete packages of solutions for the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases, including implants and consumables. The company creates innovative visualization solutions in the field of microsurgery. Carl Zeiss Meditec's medical technology portfolio is rounded off by promising, future-oriented technologies such as intraoperative radiotherapy. In fiscal year 2010/11 (ended 30 September) the company's around 2,400 employees generated revenue of EUR 759 million.
The head office of Carl Zeiss Meditec is in Jena, Germany. The company has subsidiaries in Germany and abroad; more than 50 percent of its employees are based in the USA, Japan, Spain and France. 35 percent of Carl Zeiss Meditec shares are in free float. The remaining 65 percent are held by Carl Zeiss AG, one of the world's leading groups in the optical and optoelectronic industries. Carl Zeiss offers innovative solutions for the future-oriented markets of Medical and Research Solutions, Industrial Solutions, Eye Care and Lifestyle Products. Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, is fully owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation.
For more information, please go to: www.meditec.zeiss.com
Diese Pressemitteilungen könnten Sie auch interessieren
Fraunhofer FIT präsentiert auf dem European Lab Automation-Kongress 2013 am 6.-7. Juni 2013 in Hamburg eine Software für die Analyse der Teilung von lebenden Zellen....
Die StarMedTec GmbH hat sich zum 01.04.2013 die Firma Lasermed AS, mit Sitz in Roggwil/Schweiz als neuen Vertriebspartner an die Seite geholt. Der neue Partner vertritt...